This is an entry level position designed to train the candidate in the various aspects of becoming a geotechnical driller including equipment maintenance, equipment operation, and basic knowledge of the geotechnical exploration process.
As a driller assistant, you will be required to perform subsurface drilling using conventional geotechnical drilling equipment such as CME drilling rigs. Drilling may include auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, air rotary and diamond rock bit coring techniques.
In addition to drilling, you will be required to collect soil and rock samples using various samplers. You will also be required to prepare and review boring logs for each test boring. Report required maintenance to supervisor and perform maintenance tasks as required.
You Are Interested In
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Working Outdoors
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in operating machinery, specifically drilling equipment
- CDL is recommended but not required
- Strong mechanical background especially Diesel repair
- Strong work ethics
- Basic computer skills
- Strong communication skills
- Perform Maintenance and Repair on Diesel Engines in Equipment
- Perform Maintenance on Hydraulic Components on Drilling Rigs
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects
- Help the lead driller performing routine drilling operations
- Drives medium duty drilling trucks
- 401(k) match
- Yearly salary review based on performance
Position: Full Time